Specialists in Education Law
At Match Solicitors, we specialise in Education Law. We have a team of energetic and highly experienced education lawyers and litigators to help advise, support and represent you, no matter what your education-related issue.
Why choose Match Solicitors?
At Match Solicitors, our dedication to the needs of the individual, added to the fact that we're very good at what we do, has led to us becoming established as key players in Education Law. Furthermore…
- We have a great track record and have successfully assisted thousands of students, children, parents and teachers
- Our focus on Schools & Children, Further & Higher Education, Employment Law and Fitness to Practise is second to none
- We cover the whole range of education law, from nursery school disputes to legal help at university
- We always aim to resolve matters as quickly and painlessly as possible, ideally through mediation and/or negotiation
- Match have constantly been included in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, both of which provide the most comprehensive worldwide coverage of recommended law firms
Ultimately, whatever your individual situation, our objective is to achieve a satisfactory resolution for you.
What issues do we deal with?
To give you a better idea of the kinds of situations Match Solicitors helps bring to a satisfactory conclusion, here are just a few examples, based on recent cases.
In the Schools & Children Department, we can help...
- When your child has special educational needs that are not being met
- With obtaining an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- When you are involved in a fees dispute with an independent school
- When your child is unfairly excluded from school
- When you or your child is being discriminated against by a school or local authority
- With School Admissions and School Admission Appeals
- With School Complaints
In the Further & Higher Education Department, we can help...
- if you have a disability at university
- When there are issues related to your Ph.D.
- When you have been accused of plagiarism, academic misconduct, ghost writing or have brought the university into disrepute
- When you have failed your course or not achieved the degree classification you were expecting
- When you have been terminated from your course
- When you wish to dispute a funding decision
- When you are an international student and are struggling on your course for whatever reason
- When you are dealing with any issue in a course that leads to a regulated profession or have been asked to appear before a Fitness to Practise Panel
In the Employment Department, we can help...
- When you are a teacher/lecturer involved in a professional misconduct case
- When you are experiencing any employment issue
- When you are going through any internal disciplinary issues
- With unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, redundancies and discrimination
- With Settlement Agreements
In any situation at any level - from nursery school law to higher education - Match Solicitors can ensure that adverse education and employment decisions are challenged
“ I found the overall service extremely professional, knowledgeable, efficient and sensitive with regard to my matter. I felt Match always kept me informed and abreast of procedures with legal explanation wherever necessary. arose I would have no hesitation in approaching Match again and would have pleasure in recommending their services to anyone in need of professional educational assistance. ”
“ Match Solicitors were highly recommended to us not only for their undisputed comprehensive knowledge of the SEN legal minefield, but for their understanding of autism and other disorders and consequent compassionate work ethic. Their diligence and consummate professionalism ensured that the Local Authority were forced to take our son’s case seriously. It is almost impossible to articulate how grateful we are to Rishi and Anita for their hard work and dedication. ”
“ Match Solicitors offered me a nearly perfect service. Match Solicitors play a very important role in protecting Students. ”